This 12-week diploma program provides students with training in the area of Esthetics. Students will learn skin care treatments, skin analysis, various types of facials, make-up applications and temporary hair removal. Graduates are eligible to sit for the Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetology Esthetics licensing examination.
According to O*NET, the demand for Skin Care Specialists in Pennsylvania will increase by 11% from 2014 to 2024 – which is faster than the average job growth projections.*
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AT PENN COMMERCIAL
- Skin care
- Hair Removal/Waxing
- Make-up Application
- The Science of Skin Care and Professional Practices
- Facial Treatments and Services and Temporary Hair Removal
- Advanced Skin Care Techniques
- Professional Esthetics and Make-up Application
- State Board Preparation for Esthetics
GETTING LICENSED AS AN ESTHETICIAN
Graduates of the Esthetics Program are eligible to sit for the Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetology Esthetics licensing examination. Graduates must be licensed to work in this field. Penn Commercial does not guarantee that a student will pass the licensing examination.
WHERE YOU CAN WORK
Estheticians work in a variety of settings including spas, salons, clinics and medical centers*.
Job titles in this field include:
- Clinical Esthetician
- Esthetician, Facialist
- Lead Esthetician
- Medical Esthetician
- Waxing Technician
- Skin Care Specialist
- Skin Care Technician
- Skin Care Therapist
- Spa Technician
WHAT YOU WILL DO*:
Here are possible tasks you’ll perform:
- Examine client’s skin, using magnifying lamps or visors when necessary, to evaluate skin condition and appearance.
- Cleanse client’s skin with water, creams or lotions.
- Demonstrate how to clean and care for skin properly and recommend skin care regimens.
- Select and apply cosmetic products, such as creams, lotions and tonics.
- Hair Removal
- Sterilize equipment and clean work areas.