Everybody’s educational journey is unique. For many, their high school experience was cut short for any number of reasons, and they went on to earn their GED equivalency certificate. The GED can empower students to then move on and pursue a degree or diploma. In fact, over 20 million people have passed the GED test and earned their high school diploma!
About the GED Test
The GED test covers the following four subjects:
- Reasoning through Language Arts – Ability to read closely, write clearly, and edit and understand written text
- Mathematical Reasoning – Quantitative and algebraic problem solving
- Science – Life science, physical science, and earth and space science
- Social Studies – Civics and government, U.S. history, economics, and geography and the world
The GED test is made up of the following types of questions:
- Multiple choice
- Drag and drop
- Hot spot (select an area)
- Fill in the blank
- Short answer
- Extended response
You can even take a preview test through the GED Testing Service web site! This preview test will provide five sample GED test questions to help give you a better idea of the types of questions you’ll see on the actual test. To take the preview test, please click here.
Prepare for the GED Test at Penn Commercial
Penn Commercial Business/Technical School offers students who did not complete high school the opportunity to prepare for their GED. We provide free Adult Basic and Literacy Education classes on-site, where you can sharpen your academic skills and prepare to earn your GED. Penn Commercial is also a GED test center—so you can sit for your exam right here with us after completing your prep work.
GED Class Schedule
GED classes are held 9 a.m. to noon Monday through Thursday. Getting started is easy! Simply call us at 724-222-5330 ext. 356 to schedule an intake interview.